An experienced manager is required to provide accounting and office management services to a busy company in Whittlesey.
This is a wide-ranging role.
Finance aspects include monthly management accounts, cash management and the maintenance of all ledgers. Sage 50 Cloud professional is used and candidates must be proficient in its use and also with Excel. A full AAT qualification is preferred but other suitably capable candidates will be considered.
Office management responsibilities include holiday and absence management, employment contracts and training aspects together with key supplier contract management.
An understanding of the construction sector is desirable but not essential.
Candidates must be flexible, hard-working and with a “can-do” attitude.
Job Purpose: To support the XL Scaffolding management team by ensuring that accounting and cash management responsibilities, together with personnel and office management functions are performed efficiently, effectively, accurately and to the agreed deadlines.
Reporting to: Line manager / Part-time Finance Director.
Accounts specific duties:
- To help maintain customer information in the line of business system (Strike)
- Raise, verify and issue all sales invoices
- Match cash received
- Credit control tasks (inc. management of Office Assistant)
- To check and process the purchase ledger invoices, including sub-contract invoices
- To check and process credit card receipts
- Prepare proposed supplier payment lists
- Execute all bank payments
- Post supplier payments to the ledger
- Propose invoice finance drawdown values
- Reconcile the bank account
- Reconcile all debt financing accounts (Aldermore liaising with as necessary)
- Manage debtor insurance contract (Euler Hermes)
- Prepare payroll input for outsourced payroll
- Fixed asset accounting and depreciation
- Assist with the preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments and work in progress journals
- Prepare control account reconciliations
- Assist with the production of monthly management accounts and annual financial accounts
- Assist with the preparation of forecasts, including cash flow
- Reconcile the VAT account, prepare and submit the approved VAT return
- Control the Petty Cash
- Prepare and distribute reports to management and third parties as required
- Liaise with external accountants and Finance Director as required
- Assist management with other tasks as required
Office management specific duties:
- Personnel administration; offer letters, employment contracts, holiday & absence management (E-days), benefit administration, induction, training and training records, disciplinary records, company asset allocation and management, liaising with external HR adviser as required
- CITB Levy return
- Mobile phone contract management
- IT contract management including liaison with the provider (Cambridge Network)
- Sourcing and purchasing of office equipment and supplies as required
- Contribute to maintaining the various accreditations
Skills and Qualifications
- AAT Qualification preferred
- Experience of excellent book-keeping practice in all ledgers
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Experience of computer systems, must include Sage Cloud 50 and proficiency at Excel
- Some knowledge of the construction sector is desirable but not essential
- Thinking skills to identify and resolve problems
- Organisational skills
- Very good communication skills – to liaise with internal and external parties
- Absolute integrity
- Flexible, hard-working and with pride in high standards of work
- High level of attention to detail
- Motivated to meet deadlines
- Team-worker with a can-do attitude – eager to take initiative and to help colleagues
- Keen to learn new skills and processes
- Loyalty to the team and the business
- Possess a sense of humour
- Based in Whittlesey, Peterborough
- 35 hours per week contractual but hours required to perform the job
- Workplace pension
- 26 days plus Bank Holidays paid holiday
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 /year
If this job might be of interest to you, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and we will be in touch.